The Levins- Pollo Elastico
“Uncle Eye and Julia are superb! If you're looking for a program involving storytelling, antics, music, energy, laughter and creativity for a young to intermediate age audience, Uncle Eye and Julia fit the bill.”
Olga Bell/West Nyack Free Library, NY
Ira and Julia Levin have been escapading as Uncle Eye (As seen on PBS Kids!) and Julia, inciting riots of elation from California to Scotland, creating wacky interactive kid’s acoustic rock that promotes literacy, the care of the environment, and dignity for the chickens, all while battling boredom. Get the full madcap experience with the titles such as Baseball Team from Outer space, Ruby, the Rescue Cow, learn how to do the Flamingo Tango with this animated duo whose recordings and live shows are interactive, promote joyous jumping and unadulterated happiness.
"Fantastic Performance! Would definitely book again." - Ben, Brentwood Library, CA
KIDS PROGRAMS! Interactive fun for everyone!
- LIBRARY/LITERACY: "PALACE of WONDERS!" An interactive program of storytelling and original songs that celebrates why Ira and Julia love the library all while reinforcing fun, reading and the beauty of being a part of community. ( #1 requested program! )
- EAT REAL FOOD: A healthy dose of munchable music. From Vitamins to Veggie Westerns, it’s all nutritritionally noteworthy! Bookworms Unite! Come join us as we unearth adventures and legends, sing and dance to songs of magic plants, dinosaurs, rubber chickens & so much more! Help act out the stories and discover the hidden treasures worth digging for within BOOKS that connect us all.
- FOOD/NUTRITION: "HAVE A PIECE OF PEACE" A participatory program that places you in the middle of a Veggie Western as Billy “a kid” faces a brussel sprout at high noon! Learn the history of chocolate, dance with the Coconut King, be a part of the Food Chain…all with a healthy dose of nutritional humor that inspires the community to gather together in the heart of the house…the kitchen.
- ENVRONMENT: RECYCLE CYCLE! An interactive environmental extravaganza singing about the Recycle Cycle, helping Captain Tree save the day and realizing that We are All Connected in the Web of Life. Find out how much fun being green can be! Great for Earth Day celebrations or year round!
- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL! Monsters, Aliens and Stinky Ice Cream: Come in costume and hear tales of pirates and pumpkins...Sillly, spooky, sweet fun... A special show to help you face your fears of your first sleepover, sharing, eating at your relatives house, or meeting pirates, Join us and feel yourself flying in hoola hoop airplane or defeating the Baseball Team from Outer Spaaaace!
- Concerts can be adapted/created for your special themes -Just ask!
QUOTES / PRESS
- “Ira Levin ( Uncle Eye ) is a multi-talented performer that children of all ages can enjoy! His appearances on my PBS program, Jakers: The Adventures of Piggley Winks, were a resounding success. His music is catchy, clever and singable” -L. Swerdlove, Producer/Director, PBS Kids!
- Just when I thought nothing could be better...along came Uncle Eye and Julia with such personalities and a show that kept all on the edge of their seats! - Sandra M. / Principal / Elmwood Elementary, CA
- “Uncle Eye (Ira) and his partner Julia were full of fun at this shelter for battered women and children. Ira is the supreme entertainer and multi-tasker, singing silly songs with his guitar, adding costumes and sound effects along the way, and incorporating his rubber chicken - Pollo Elastico. The children really enjoyed this engaging, positive, friendly, male adult in this totally female environment. -Sandy Popovich /Lisa Starbird Bread & Roses Program Assistant 415-945-7127 ext.104 Lstarbird@breadandroses.org
- Excellent performers, keeping both children and adults entranced." -Gina Rose/ Freemont Main Library
- "Nutty, funny and never ever boring, musical storytellers who pack a lot of wild fun into his shows. - Friends of the Vallejo Public Libraries
- "Laughter could be heard through the library during the whole show, and everyone came out wearing a big smile. Thank you Uncle Eye!" -Patricia Ryan- Children's Librarian Union City Library
- "Uncle Eye presents a lively, engaging show that gets the kids moving. There is always a great tie into books, libraries, and imagination!"- Becky Borup/Pittsburg Library
- “Equipped with a mini stage set that included the Rubber Chicken of Freedom, a guitar and a caravan of children's songs to die for, Ira Scott Levin’s escapades as Uncle Eye truly incited riots of elation at the Children's Learning Center. The nature of Uncle Eye's act evoked the undivided attention of these kids whose attention span normally wanders within a few minutes. The interaction between Uncle Eye and the kids was so contagious that even the older group who were initially "too cool" to participate couldn't resist. The big question at the end of the day was "when are you coming back?" I have to admit, the Rubber Chicken of Freedom is something to look forward to.”-Carmen Marie Coleman/ Bread & Roses
- "Uncle Eye sings wonderful original and very funny songs for kids and their parents and grandparents. He is a great musician, a great comic in timing, and a lovely person relating magically to kids." - George Oram/Julia Morgan Theater Berkeley
- “Uncle Eye: Alternative rocker for the preschool set.” West County Times